Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hop: A Movie Review

Movie details:
‎1hr 30min‎‎ - Rated PG‎‎ - Action/Adventure/Comedy‎

Director: Tim Hill
Cast: Russell Brand, Kaley Cuoco, James Marsden, Elizabeth Perkins, Chelsea Handler


Blending state of the art animation with live action, Hop is a comedy about E.B., the teenage son of the Easter Bunny. On the eve of taking over the family business, E.B. leaves for Hollywood in pursuit of his dream of becoming a drummer. He encounters Fred, an out-of-work slacker with his own more lofty goals, who accidentally hits E.B. with his car. Feigning injury, E.B. manipulates Fred into providing him shelter, and Fred finds himself with the world's worst house guest.
 
My thoughts:
This morning we went to see Hop at our local AMC which offers reduced prices for movies before noon on weekends and holidays.  I love going at that time.  Going to the movies seems so expensive now so I am glad that we have this option.
 
I was a little surprised that with the whole craze to make every movie 3D that this one wasn't, but that could have been a theater decision.  I know most films that are 3D are also released in a 2D format as well.  It surprised me to see a lot of people without children in the movie this morning.  I don't know that I would have been there to see this if I wasn't going with my children.  Also, since this was opening weekend for the movie it was very crowded.
 
Overall the movie was very entertaining.  There were parts that dragged a bit and my younger children lost interest here and there, but that was more a product of their age and attention span than the movie.  It had a lot of funny parts as well as some jokes that went over the heads of younger viewers.  At times I got a little tired of E.B.'s constantly getting Fred into trouble.  Going into the movie my children wanted to see the part where the bunny poops jelly beans, but coming out all they talked about was the chick dancing to the music and making the bunny machine fly like crazy.  There was a lot of fun music throughout the movie and a funny cameo with David Hasslehoff.  The animals were all really well done and had distinct personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment