Monday, December 26, 2011

It's Monday, What are you reading?

This past week was a low reading week for me and a low running week.  I had my longest run ever, 9 miles!  But is was my only run for the whole week.  This morning I jumped back into running and yesterday I spent some time reading while my children had fun with all their new things.

This week I finished:
The Hollows Insider: New fiction, facts, maps, murders, and more in the world of Rachel Morgan by Kim Harrison
1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber
Zane's Tale; A Succubus Diary Story by Jill Myles
Foreplay by Jill Myles
When Parent's Text.. So much said, so Little Understood
Except for Foreplay which I forgot about, all of these have had review posted already.


The books I am still working on are:

Reading on my Ipod when I have extra time somewhere is:  Throwaway by Heather Huffman
On my Kindle I have:  Home: A Memoir of My Early Years by Julie Andrews
I've barely managed to start this one even though I was dying to have it:  The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon
I also started one from the library with a short story by Debbie Macomber.

New to me this week:
I bought a bunch of $.99 books on my Kindle and then received a number of books as presents.  They are all over the place and I'm feeling lazy at the moment, so they'll make it on here next week or when I get to read and review them.

I have a really hard time sticking with one book, I'll start one and then start another and just keep doing it.  Once one really hooks me I read it until it is done, but it can take me months to get around to finishing all the books I have started.  I don't know if this is a good thing or not.  I think for the new year I want to work harder on finishing books when I start them so I can decide what to do with the finished book.  Is it a keeper that goes back on the shelf or one to pass along in some way?  Most of my books are pass alongers, which is something the Kindle will be good for, I won't need to find a place to keep them and it may help with my clutter issues.

Have a great reading week!


3 comments:

  1. Slow reading week for me as well. Need to get that Debbie Macomber book.

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so annoying to me when I finally receive a book I've been dying to read and then I don't get right to it!

    Here's my It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy Debbie Macomber's books. Hope you have a great reading week and holiday season.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete