Sunday, October 28, 2012

It's Monday, What are you reading?

So this month just flew by.  I ran out of scheduled posts and then my time for both reading and writing really dwindled!  This month I ran my first marathon, celebrated my birthday(by running a marathon and by having a smallish backyard party), ran a hat trick race weekend( a 5K,10K and Half Marathon in two days), celebrated my youngest son's birthday, prepared for a hurricane, went to two pumpkin patches, spent time at Boo at the Zoo, went Trick-or-Treating, watched a parade my son was in, went to a home show and built things with my kids at the Home Depot Booth, and went to the local amusement park for their festive weekend twice.  So, I have barely read anything, but did manage to finish a few things, and I still have books from before the craziness that was October to review.  I have to admit that when Blogger changed their format I wasn't even sure how to schedule posts, but as I was writing this I noticed the option on the right side of the screen, honestly that was part of the problem because I would want to post for a particular day and I didn't know how to do it, silly but true.  So now to comb my mind and try to remember what I did read this month...

Finished reading:
Torment by Lauren Kate

Still reading:
Passion by Lauren Kate
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (audio)

Awaiting review:
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
When She Woke by Hilary Jordan
You Don't Know Me by Susan May Warren
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Nate the Great and the Boring Beach Bag
by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
Go the F*ck to Sleep
The Giver by Lois Lowry
Across the Miles by Jill Buck
All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris
Nate the Great and the The Lost List by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat (audio)
Nate the Great and the Sticky Case by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat (audio)

Part of the problem with my slowness isn't just how busy the month was, but I usually depend on audio books to keep my rate up.  Jane Eyre has been really slow for me.  I do not care for the voice of the person reading it and it is going so slowly as I often don't feel like listening to it.  I plan to download something new today and go back and forth between the two books.  Also, in the car we have been listening to radio, not books, so I have lost another reading avenue lately.  If we do lose power as predicted I may have a chance to get some reading time in while we are stuck.

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like it has been extraordinarily busy month for you - I hope it slows down soon.

    Wishing you a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the Jane Eyre audio isn't working for you. I nixed an audio for similar reasons last week. I swear, the reader sounded bored reading the book!

    Except for the abundance of CYBILS reading, things are back to normal. My favorite book was How to Wash a Cat by Rebecca M. Hale. Please come see what I'm reading now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on running your first marathon and happy belated birthday!!! I am not a runner but I do walk and am currently training for a 3-day 50 mile walk I am doing in March.

    I use audio to get through more books, too, and usually have 2 going at once - 1 in the car/house and 1 on the iPod that I use at the gym or while doing training walks.

    Hope things calm down for you soon!
    ~Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Mine is this week and I celebrated, as I always do, by going to the Texas Book Festival.

    Here's my It's Monday! What Are You Reading? I hope you will stop in and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find I don't enjoy listening to classics on audiobooks - or it might just be the ones I've read - but for me, it's much faster and more pleasurable to read the physical books.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your TBR list. There are quite a few on there that are on mine, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy busy :) I hope Jane Eyre picks up for you, too bad you aren't enjoying the narration. :(

    Congrats on the marathon, that is amazing!!!

    Have a great week of reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday and congrats on your accomplishments! Sorry about the Jane Eyre narrator! Hope you fare well during the storm.

    ReplyDelete