Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook"


Summary:

This cookbook is a companion to the Cedar Cove Series. Charlotte Jefferson Rhodes, Olivia's mother, is the one leading the reader through the book. It is divided into ten sections by breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers, dessert, and then holidays. Each of those sections is hosted by a different character whose address has been one of the books in the series. Her introduction of the section introduces the characters at that home and says why that meal or holiday is special to them. Through out her series food is mentioned a lot so when the book was created the developers tried to use the menu item mentioned in the novels as favorites.


Thoughts:

I have a shopping list ready and about 10 recipes I want to try. I rarely buy cookbooks, this is only my second one for this year, but this one is beautifully put together and I love how it ties into the characters from the series. It makes them seem even more like old friends! I think this would make an excellent Christmas or other holiday present for someone who likes to read and cook. Maybe with a few books from the series thrown in for a new reader. I'll have to comment once I try a few recipes about how they turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Well I've now tried three of the recipes and they have all been hits so far. We've had the berry smoothie, Windy Day Grilled cheese and teh Sour Cream Coffee cake. For dinner I'm going to give stuffed peppers a try and tomorrow will be sliders. I love the beautiful photos. I picked up another similar cookbook at the store the other day to go with the Mitford series (I think Jan Cannon might be the author, it isn't coming to mind just yet) but it lacked the color photos and since I've never read the series I put it back.

    ReplyDelete