Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WONDER WOMAN #603 Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI Art and cover by DON KRAMER & MICHAEL BABINSKI

Overview:
Diana discovers that the men out to kill her and the other surviving Amazons are only the tip of the iceberg...but can even Wonder Woman survive her battle with the horrific creatures called the Keres?

My thoughts:
There were shades of Percy Jackson in this one as Diana visits Hades, meets Charon, meets Cerberus and battles Keres.  Diana battles Keres on her plane that the others cannot see and is sucked into Hades.  In each of these issues Diana is learning more about herself and her abilities, like her ability and affinity with animals. 

The Lasso of Truth makes its reappearance as well.  I wonder if Diana knows what it is and what it does as she might not remember it from childhood.  I am also trying to get a handle on how old she is supposed to be.  She was taken from her island 18 years ago as a child, but I couldn't tell from the pictures exactly how old she was supposed to be when she was taken away.  I must admit I am starting to wonder about the man who has been tracking her and searching for her.  he reminds me of one of the characters from the Watchmen (which I have but have not read or watched the movie yet either for that matter).  It is fun catching up on these issues!


No comments:

Post a Comment