Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WONDER WOMAN #604 Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI Art and cover by DON KRAMER & MICHAEL BABINSKI

Overview:
This is it! The mysterious leader of the paramilitary organization finally confronts Wonder Woman as she continues learning what happened to the Amazons and why reality is askew! J. Michael Straczynski’s epic tale keeps rolling on!

My thoughts:
So finally some answers although they lead to even more questions.  Diana and the Burning Man have their confrontation.  She finds out a bit of his back story and receives some aid from her mother and the lasso of truth.  I've never been really all the big on violence or fighting which makes it odd that I even like any comics since they all seem to involve a lot of violence or action.  I am going to have to explore some other characters at some point to see if they are all the same.  My love of Wonder Woman started with the TV show and Underoos.  In first grade I got two comics as part of my birthday present.  So buying the comics is a bit of a nostalgic trip for me, although the ones I read then seems a lot different than the ones now!

Diana has glimpses of an alternate reality where she looks like she did for all those years and I don't know if theses are supposed to be memories or are really a different reality, what would have happened had her homeland not been invaded and her mother killed.

The big question for me is who made the deal with the Burning Man that had him hunting down and killing all the Amazons.


No comments:

Post a Comment