Saturday, September 12, 2009

"Finger Licken' Fifteen" by Janet Evanovich


This was a fun easy read from Janet Evanovich featuring Stephanie Plum as a bounty hunter who has bad luck with cars and capturing her skips to bring in to be rebonded. Stephanie and Morelli are on a break due to a fight about peanut butter and Ranger needs her help solving a series of break-ins that look like they could be an inside job from someone at Rangeman. Add in a cross-dressing fireman, Grandma Mazur, a severed head, a dancing chicken and a barbecue contest and you are in for so fun.

I've enjoyed this series since I found it a few years ago. I like how Janet runs a contest every year for someone to come up with a title based on the next number in line and then thanks them in her dedication. Her regular emails from one of the character POV are a nice add in. From the start it felt like I was sitting down with an old friend.

That said some of the antics are starting to get less plausible and how many cars can Stephanie really have burned to a crisp? I did laugh out loud on more than one occasion prompting my children to ask what was so funny, but none of the funny parts were really appropriate to pass along to them.

I would recommend this book to someone looking for a fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment