Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sunset of the Sabertooth (Magic Tree House Series book #7) Mary Pope Osborne

Overview:
The magic tree house transports Jack and Annie on a mission to the Ice Age where they encounter Cro-Magnons, cave bears, sabertooth tigers, and woolly mammoths.

My thoughts:
I jumped ahead of myself yesterday, and reviewed out of order.  I hate when I do that.  This summer has been so busy that I haven't been spending much time on the computer and have fallen behind on reviews.  I haven't even finished a book or my own in over a week now.  Thinking back it has been close to two weeks since I finished one.  I knew getting HBO to watch True Blood was going to cut into my reading time!

Jack and Annie visit the tree house on their way home from swimming lessons only to be taken to the Ice Age.  My children love the Ice Age movies so I think that is how they were picturing the setting when we were listening.  Once again they are looking for something to free Morgan from a spell.

As on the other four adventures in this set of four (numbers 5-8 in the series) a mysterious person lends them help when they need it the most, but unlike the first four books it is not Morgan who is offering them this direct help. It was nice to read about the cold as it has been very hot here lately!

Details
•Pub. Date: April 1996
•Publisher: Random House Children's Books
•Format: Paperback , 68pp
•Age Range: 6 to 8
•Series: Magic Tree House Series #7
•ISBN-13: 9780679863731
•ISBN: 0679863737

No comments:

Post a Comment