Sunday, October 18, 2009

"Curing the Blues with a New Pair of Shoes" by Dixie Cash


I didn't realize this book was part of a series when I picked it up at the library, the cover and title just jumped out at me and I decided to give it a try. The setting is a small town in West Texas where two best friends run both a beauty shop and work as private investigators. This is the fifth mystery/crime they are solving together. Salt Lick, Texas is holding a birthday celebration for Elvis to raise money for a hamburger restaurant rumored to be among his favorite places to eat. Elvis's blue suede shoes are on display but are stolen. Debbie Sue and Edwina work with the inept sheriff and deputy to locate them, while lots of out-of-town visitors pour in to see the parade and festivities all sorts of other issues arise. There is also a love story between two reports from the Fort Worth area, Avery and Sam. This book made me laugh and was a fun read. It reminded me a bit of Stephanie Plum from Janet Evanovich's series. Dixie Cash is not one person by two women who write together under the one name.

No comments:

Post a Comment