Saturday, November 7, 2009

"The Perfect Christmas" by Debbie Macomber


My rating: 3 1/2 out of 5 stars

Synopsis from Amazon.com:

What would make your Christmas perfect?
For Cassie Beaumont, it's meeting her perfect match. Cassie, at thirty-three, wants a husband and kids, and so far, nothings worked. Not blind dates, not the Internet and certainly not leaving love to chance.

What's left? A professional matchmaker. He's Simon Dodson, and he's very choosy about the clients he takes on. Cassie finds Simon a difficult cult, acerbic know-it-all, and she's astonished when he accepts her as a client.

Claiming he has her perfect mate in mind, Simon assigns her three tasks to complete before she meets him. Three tasks that are all about Christmas: being a charity bell ringer, dressing up as Santa's elf at a children's party and preparing a traditional turkey dinner for her neighbors (whom she happens to dislike). Despite a number of comical mishaps, Cassie does it all—and she's finally ready to meet her match.

But just like the perfect Christmas gift, he turns out to be a wonderful surprise!


My thoughts:
This was fun, easy read that put me in the mood for Christmas. I was lucky enough to find it on the shelf at the library and grabbed it. I have always enjoyed Macomber's Christmas stories. She writes one every year and they usually are released in late October. I have to say that last years story was one of my favorites and I enjoyed it more than this one. I know romance tends to be a bit predictable and this was no exception, but it was fun to get to know Cassie and Simon. Macomber includes some hilarious mishaps during the tasks Cassie must complete to prove herself. Even though these characters felt a bit recycled from other stories she has written, I loved the quickness of the pace and how it all flowed so easily. I finished it in an evening so it was the perfect follow-up to the last book I read which took a few days to complete. Part of me really wants to break out the Christmas decorations and music even though it is still early November. I would recommend this book to read to relax from holiday stress next month!

2 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to read one of her books forever and I never seem to get to her. I hear such good things, I really want to

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really prefer her newer books to the older ones. I have a bunch of those around but never seem to pick them up. For the most part the newer ones have a lot more depth and better developed characters.

    ReplyDelete