Sunday, August 12, 2012

It's Monday, What are you reading?

Last week was a big week in our family.  Saturday marked a year since I ran my first ever 5K and I repeated the race.  My husband ran it with me last year and really kept me going when I wanted to stop and walk so my time ended up being better than I expected for my first race.  This year we ran separately and I took 3 minutes and 17 seconds off last years time.  It wasn't a personal record, but it came close and the record I set was on a nice flat course in March when it wasn't humid at all!

Another big event for us is that we closed on a piece of land that we have been in the process of buying for months.  We have no current plans to build a house on it, maybe in the future, but we do plan on planting things, not totally settled on what exactly.  Our kids are loving going there and exploring and we spent hours there on Saturday mowing and removing rocks and raking.

Reading wise I even stayed up too late one night reading an actual book which hasn't happened lately, but my finished books are mostly audio again.  I'm finding that I will listen to books that I might not have taken the time to sit down and read which is fine.  I am less picky but it also means I might take a chance on something I would have missed otherwise.

Finished this week:
When You are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris (audio)
3rd Degree by James Patterson and Andrew Gross (audio)
hush, hush: a graphic novel by Becca Fitzpatrick

Still reading:
Her Amish Man
by Emily Bates
How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper
The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan (car audio)
The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (audio)

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 5K! I just got The Last Boyfriend and am looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 5K race. My favorite book last week was Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett. Please come see what else I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on so many exciting things happening :-) And of course, I hope you enjoy all your books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on completing a 5K race!


    Have a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some great books on your list. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet the David Sedaris book made a great audio - I presume narrated by him?

    Good job on your 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on acquiring property. Your kids will love it there!

    Here's my It's Monday! What Are You Reading? I hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you see "The LAst Boyfriend" is on a bunch of Best of 2012 lists so far?? I haven't read it yet but I have good intentions ;)

    Whatcha readin' this week @ the Brunette Librarian :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the run! I always say that the only time you'll see me running on purpose is if there is a monster chasing me, lol. I sure do admire runners though, it takes dedication and gumption!

    I really need to pick up the David Sedaris, he cracks me up!

    Have a great week of reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really should get to reading The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo soon. I've seen the movie and heard a lot of good things about the book.

    Here's my Monday Post and Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete