Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Even More Outrageous Celebrity Meltdowns


Even More Celebrity Meltdowns: Pop-up Parodies of your Favorite Stars is like reading a glossy star magazine with an extra little touch. Each page features a pop-up of some sort. The book came out in 2007 so the snafus aren’t the most recent star mishaps, but mostly ones we all can remember like Mel Gibson’s drunk driving arrest and Lindsay, Britney and Paris exiting vehicles sans underpants. The Waldenbooks at out local mall went out of business in January and the last few days they had all of their bargain books on sale with a special of 5 books for $4. My kids each picked out a book and we needed one more and they asked for this book because it was a pop-up book. Not quite right for kids but I was intrigued and bought it. I don’t think it was intended for kid use, not just because of the subject matter, but because all of the pop-ups are now pretty much ripped or not working after a couple of uses. That said, I’m not even sure anyone would be able to find this book anywhere anymore since it isn’t current. (I revise that thought, when I went to Amazon.com to find a cover image I saw it is still for sale both new and used so if you are so motivated it is definitely still available.) It brought a smile to my face and was unusual so I decided it deserved it’s own post. Along with the mishaps mentioned above it also has Britney Spears driving with a baby in her lap, Matthew McConaughey drumming in the nude, Nicole Richie driving the wrong way on a one way street, Naomi Campbell and her phone throwing tantrum plus others. While I wouldn’t suggest anyone go out to buy this book, if you see it somewhere pick it up and take a look for some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment