Monday, February 22, 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading?


This is hosted by Shelia at One Persons Journey Through a World of Books . While this is my first time participating, it has been on my mind. Every week when I see other readers posts I think about creating a post and then I get busy and forget and it's Wednesday and seems too late. You know how it goes.


Right now I am reading:
Shadow Blade by Seressia Glass
Coming of the Storm by W. Michael Gear and Kathleen O"Neal Gear
How to Never Look Fat Again by Charla Krupp


If all goes according to plan I should have a review up for each of these books this week. My goal is to try to finish up books I have agreed to review and then become more selective about what I agree to review so I have more time to devote to self selected reading. I've had a good time being exposed to new authors and new genres, and I have no regrets about agreeing to review books, but I am starting to miss just picking up a book because I want to not because I feel like i have too.
So what are you reading?

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with achieving your goals this week. I understand finding yourself in the position where you're always reading review books while your stack of books just gets higher and higher and trying to find some middle ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Shadow Blade and Coming of the Storm last week. I have such a large atack of ACRs. I never feel like I have time to read just for me. I need to become much more selective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading "The Wish-Maker" by Ali Shetith (I think, I have to recheck his name). I just finished "The Apothecary's Daughter" by Julie Klassen and that was really good! "The Wish-Maker" is a good read so far, too - set in Pakistan and told through the experiences of a boy (now turned man home to be a part of his cousin's wedding ceremony). You learn a lot about the political climates in India and Pakistan, Benazier Bhutto, etc. I like learning about the world and history in fiction novels.

    Oh yeah, and in "The Apothecary's Daughter" you learn a lot of herbal remedies, LOL! Grace's sore throat is back, so I should take advantage, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your description of "The Wish-Maker" reminds me a bit of "The Kite Runner" even though that was a different country. I love mixing up my reading and finding out what is out there!

    ReplyDelete