Thursday, August 28, 2014

Are you there God? It's Me, Margaret. by Jody Blume

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.

Overview from Barnes and Noble:

Being eleven-going-on-twelve is hard enough, but when Margaret Simon's family moves to New Jersey she knows she needs to talk to someone. Is God listening?
Faced with the difficulties of growing up and choosing a religion, a twelve-year-old girl talks over her problems with her own private God.

My thoughts:
I decided to do a reread of this book months ago to see if it was like I remembered it.  Margaret and his friends preoccupation with getting their periods and growing breasts was all still there.  Some of it felt a little dated but it was still nice to go back and visit a book I remembered reading as a child.   I must have let a little too much time pass as I can't really think of too much else to say about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment