Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts (Book Four in Bride Quartet)

Overview:
Dreams are realized in the eagerly-awaited fourth novel in Nora Roberts's Bride Quartet.


As the public face of Vows wedding planning company, Parker Brown has an uncanny knack for fulfilling every bride's vision. She just can't see where her own life is headed. Mechanic Malcolm Kavanaugh loves figuring out how things work, and Parker is no exception. Both know that moving from minor flirtation to major hook-up is a serious step. Parker's business risks have always paid off, but now she'll have to take the chance of a lifetime with her heart...

My thoughts:
I enjoyed finishing the series with the last of the four friends finding love.  I really enjoyed the first book but had more time getting invested as time went on.  I'm not sure if I just wasn't in the right mood but I had a difficult time really getting into this one.  I did not dislike it, but did not feel my usual pull to pick the book up and keep going.

Of the four friends, Parker was the one I had a harder time relating too.  She is very efficient and organized, both traits I wish I had more of, but she kind of took the fun out of things a bit.  I believe that was part of the point because she meets Malcolm who helps her let her hair down literally by doing things that are outside of her comfort zone like riding on a motorcycle.  Parker's dedication to her friends and the business they built together showed how she is looking out for others and wants to be successful in her own right, not just coast along on her families name and reputation.

Malcolm is a mechanic with his own childhood issues that he has trouble sharing.  They seem like opposites at first, but they both share a drive to be the best and a good work ethic in their own businesses.  Part of me is sorry to see the series end because I would love to see how they plan out the other three weddings, what they wear and eat and dance to, but Robert's pretty much just does romances so I doubt she will be revisiting one unless she decides to find a man for Mrs. Grady!

Details
•Pub. Date: November 2010

•Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
•Format: Paperback , 355pp
•Series: Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet Series #4
•ISBN-13: 9780425236758
•ISBN: 0425236757

No comments:

Post a Comment