Thursday, September 8, 2011

People Magazine August 29, 2011

I am whittling down my stack of magazines.  Last night I flipped through this one while waiting to get clothes from the washer to the dryer.  I though that Gerard Butler looks so different with blond curls and having lost a lot of weight, he almost looks like a different person now.  I wonder if he is getting ready for a role.  One of the large downfalls I can see to being a celebrity is how for example every time a picture is taken of Reese Witherspoon the caption is talking about if her abdomen is showing any signs of impending pregnancy.  (In other news I did see today that she was hit by a car while running today, I hope she is okay).

I found some books that I need to add to my TBR list.  The Submission by Amy Waldman and the Cocktail Hour Under the Tree of Forgetfulness by Alexander Fuller both look like good books.  I wonder if I will ever get to all the books on my TBR list!

I thought that Ashton Kutcher's trailer on the set of Two and Half Men is as big as many peoples homes.  I know actors spend a lot of time on their sets but do they all have a home away from home while they are there?  The Jolie-Pitt family always seems so close and devoted to each other.  As a parent of a larger than average family I can only imagine how much planning must go into traveling with six children and how expensive it must be, but they really seem to involve their children in everything they d.  Jewel's baby is adorable as were all the celebrity tots shown on so many pages.

It was eye opening to look at the cost of war on a soldier's family when they come home but are no longer the same due to injury both visible and invisible and the tough time a lot of military families are struggling through.  Robyn Gardner, the woman who disappeared in Aruba and is presumed dead made me wonder who would go on vacation with just a male friend and why water so often plays a part in unexplained disappearances.  Should we all just stay out of the water?  Or is it really that unpredictable?

No comments:

Post a Comment