Wednesday, September 7, 2011

In Touch Weekly September 12, 2011

Today as supposed to be the second day of school for my older children, but heavy rains caused flooding in our area and school was cancelled.    Because of that I ended up having to take all four kids to the grocery store with me.  My plan had been to go to work today and then do errands tomorrow, but I had to flip flop them and take everyone due to our Flood Day.  Usually I can walk by all the magazines in the check out and resist the urge to buy one, but 45 minutes to an hour of having to say no to everything from donuts to Pringles my defenses were down.  I have to admit I was tricked by this cover.  The first thing I thought was, "Oh my, Jennifer Aniston got married?".  Turns out the magazine just thinks she is planning a wedding due to unnamed close sources.  I won't hold my breath for that one.

In other mostly useless news and such, I have to say that I still believe that Will and Jada Pinkett Smith probably have a marriage that is doing just fine.  Romance onscreen is acting and if it is done really well, viewers almost want to believe that it is real, but usually it isn't.  Not so sure about Katy Perry's pink hair, it does kind of look like cotton candy.  I loved seeing all the cute kids with wild hair.

I wonder if Jessica Simpson is really as worried about her weight as she was portrayed.  Over the course of the years she has gone up and down and if she is really happy who cares if she could be thinner.  On the opposite end of this were the stars of Glee being shown at more healthy weights.  Does showing them super skinny help people see a more realistic,while still much thinner than average, or does it just make people think they should strive for the barely there figures?

I was a bit disturbed by the gender neutral model who is male but models both clothes for women and men.  He looks so androgynous I don't think I would have known he was a man if it hadn't said so.  Lastly, I am very much looking forward to the finale of TrueBlood this weekend.  I will be sad to see it end, but can't wait to see how it all wraps up.

No comments:

Post a Comment