Monday, September 26, 2011

It's Monday, What are you reading?

This is my first time participating in this meme hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey.  Last week I barely got any reading done.  It was my second week being back at work over the summer and between work, my own children, getting running time in on treadmill in preparation for a 5K Saturday and then all the new television shows, my reading was really slow!  I did go to the library on Monday night by myself while my daughter was at a Brownie meeting.  Anyone who knows me knows I rarely go anywhere by myself, I usually have at least one child with me, so this was a treat!  I went a bit overboard with the new release fourteen day loan books, so some of them may be going back without being read.  Here is what I checked out and hope to read this week:

Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris
A Discovery of Witches by Debra Harkins
Losing it-And Gaining Back My Life One Pound at at Time by Valerie Bertinelli
Here We Go Again by Betty White
Zen and the Art of Running: The Path to Making Peace with Your Pace by Larry Shapiro

The funny thing is last weekend I read a book a day on Saturday, Sunday and Monday so I thought five books for fourteen days would be just fine, but it has been a week and I have yet to finish any of them.  I more than half way through Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk and on a previous loan I got to page 260 of The Discovery of Witches, but I am only 14 pages into Losing It and 11 into Betty White's.  I guess I need to focus on just one or two and either renew or return the rest.  Hopefully I'll have better focus this week!

9 comments:

  1. Great books, Jill! I definitely want to read the Betty White book...and the Valerie Bertinelli one. I read her first one; this is the second one, right?

    Do you by any chance watch Hot in Cleveland?

    Have a great week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you
    ll have some more time this week, Jill. It's how it goes with all of us, sometimes we're reading machines and other times... not. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think I will get more reading done that I do when I go to the library. All those new releases are so hard to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great books! I love David Sedaris, and would love to read the Bertinelli and White books!
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you find a lot of time to read this week. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah... fall tv is back and I like to slip in a show here and there too.. :) Have a good week! ANd welcome to the meme - so glad to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill, those are some great books. I know how hard it is to get reading especially when you plan for it. And with Fall TV coming, it's so hard! I hope you have a good week in reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been on the fence about A Discovery of Witches but think I am going to read it

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some great books on there! I loved both Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk and A Discovery of Witches. Squirrel was a really quick read, Discovery *cough*, not so much. I hope you get to all of your books!

    ReplyDelete