Sunday, September 4, 2011

People Magazine: September 5, 2011 Issue

I used to read a ton of magazines, but lately that hasn't been the case.  My guilty pleasure is usually reading People once a week, but I have totally fallen behind on my issues.  Books, the pool, the beach, TV series have all gotten in the way.  I decided if I posted about the issues it would give me an excuse to read through them.  Think of all the celebrity news I have been missing for the past month or so!  Here is what I learned or thought about as I read this issue:
1.  The boy who wrote the picture book about the seizure sniffing dog to raise money to get a dog ($13,000) and then also shared money with other families is inspiring.
2.  Kim Kardasian had a beautiful wedding that will be a TV show, but I think she could learn something from the boy raising money for an actual need.  Who needs three dresses to wear at their wedding?  Gorgeous, over the top, probably will be well viewed on TV, but seems too much so.
3.  Carrie Fisher is doing great with her weight loss.
4.  Did not know that Elizabeth Banks had a baby five months ago.
5.  Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner are having baby number three,
6.  Rose McGowen's family belonged to the same cult that River Phoenix and his family were once a part of.
7.  I don't listen to the radio nearly often enough as so many groups are unfamiliar to me.
8.  The book on Jane Fonda is going on my TBR list.
9.  The picture book about the little girl going on a diet might have better been titled something along the lines of getting healthy and then there would have been less fuss.
10.  All those people who worked to make school happen in Joplin, Miss. are heroes.

I'm sure I missed a bunch, but it was uplifting to read about people making a difference in the lives of others because they wnated to and not becuase they were getting anything out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment