Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wonder Woman #607 By J. Michael Straczynski and Phil Hester (writers), Don Kramer with Eduardo Pansica (pencils), Andy Owens, Sean Parsons and Eber Ferreira (inks), Alex Sinclair (colors) and Travis Lanham (letters)

The Story from Comic Book Review.com: Diana–who, I can’t help pointing out, has actually started acting like Diana for a change of pace–and two of her closest Amazon guardians descend into a labyrinth to rescue the kidnapped boy, Harry. This being a labyrinth, there is naturally a Minotaur–along with a host of other nasties–to be conquered along the way. It turns out this is only the beginning of their problems though, as Harry’s kidnapping was only a ruse to lure Diana away from the rest of her Amazonian sisters, who are quickly engaged in a battle they may not be able to win without the help of their princess.

By J. Michael Straczynski and Phil Hester (writers), Don Kramer with Eduardo Pansica (pencils), Andy Owens, Sean Parsons and Eber Ferreira (inks), Alex Sinclair (colors) and Travis Lanham (letters)


My thoughts:
This was the issue I was missing since February and the reason I stopped reading the ones I did have, it seems a little silly in retrospect, but I wanted to read them in order.  I ordered it on Ebay last month and now I have the complete set (I think!).  I'm not missing any numbers in the ones that I do have for this most recent version of Wonder Woman's story.

In the first issues there was a man who had been burned who was hunting Diana and the Amazon's to kill them and try to trap Diana.  He was killed and we found out the the remaining two Morrigan were behind his quest for Diana because they are hoping to use her to replace the sister they lost.  The grow from fighting and war.

Diana is coming into her powers and images of Wonder Woman as most of us know her keep showing up, in small dolls that may or may not be voodoo dolls, in a stained glass window and even in her thoughts and dreams.  I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a parallel universe showing how one decision can change how the course of time runs but it is still running the other way just on a different plane or level, or if this is foreshadowing of who she will be when she fully matures and comes into her own.  She talks about the fire inside of her that her sisters see but don't want to see and how she can control it to be human, which brings me back to my other question, are the Amazon's human or mortal?  One of them talks about the mortals but then is killed so she can be killed, but is her lifespan longer?  I know I could look it up somewhere, but I am just going to keep reading to see what the answer may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment