Wednesday, January 1, 2014

First book of the year!

Sheila at Book Journey is hosting a post for readers first read of the new year.  I decided to read Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris.  Every summer I read two to four of the books in this series while at the beach.  Then I come home and put the series down again for one reason or another.  I'd like to finish the series and see how Sookie resolves things in her life.  I actually already finished this book and will probably post a review tomorrow.  I started the next book as well.  With the book I just started, Dead Reckoning, I have three books left to reach the end of the full length novels.  I still wish the titles somehow included the numbers.  It is easy to get confused as to whether I've read the books yet and what order they go in especially as they have been rereleased with new covers.

6 comments:

  1. A little Sookie to start the year - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get back into Sookie. I read the first few and then didn't pick the rest up. Hmm perhaps I should make it a point to catch up this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read any of the books in this series...will have to check them out!

    Happy New Year!
    My First Book of the Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy your first read. Sounds really interesting!

    Cynthia
    The Things You Can Read
    www.thethingsyoucanread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put Sookie down a couple of years ago and left her there. One of these days I'll get back. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo...ENJOY your book.

    Happy New Year!!

    Stop by my blog any time from January 2 to January 11 for an international giveaway of Jubilee's Journey.

    Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My First Book of The Year

    ReplyDelete