Saturday, January 11, 2014

Saturday Snapshot- Soap!

 Over winter break my children and I made soap.  We started with a kit and then went to the craft store to buy  more materials and to get  more creative.  We used some of our creations as Christmas gifts for family and friends.
Skull soap might seem odd for Christmas time, but we were having fun being creative.
 These were actually our first attempt, but we decided we made the blue too intense and the skulls look almost more like aliens than skulls!
 We tried adding some sea creatures to some as well.
 They had fun playing with the colors for seashells to  make them look more or less realistic.
And these are a bunch of the other creations we tried, either following direction online or in the kit or just experimenting on our own.  It was a lot of fun and I like that we were able to give gifts that my children shared in making and creating.

6 comments:

  1. Great soaps! I have a friend who started making soap at home and now she has made a business out of it! I'll add this link to the SS for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look fun. I like the shell soaps best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job you did. And how fun for the kids, and you, to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soaps! The shell soaps are SO beautiful...

    Thanks for sharing!

    Here is my snapshot post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shell soaps are fabulous, and it sounds great fun. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/usn8yL

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! And they turned out so nice.

    ReplyDelete