Friday, October 7, 2011

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

Overview from Barnes and Noble:
When Ginny receives thirteen little blue envelopes and instructions to buy a plane ticket to London, she knows something exciting is going to happen. What Ginny doesn't know is that she will have the adventure of her life and it will change her in more ways than one. Life and love are waiting for her across the Atlantic, and the thirteen little blue envelopes are the key to finding them in this funny, romantic, heartbreaking novel.

My thoughts:
This was the second book I read on my kindle.  I loved the premise of this one.  Ginny's aunt has sent her a package with 13 numbered letters that she is supposed to complete in order, only opening the next one when she has completed the previous one.  Her first instruction is to go to a Chinese restaurant below where her aunt used to live to pickup a package then go to the airport with only a backpack as luggage and no kind of technology to fly to London.  Ginny has to navigate foreign countries, foreign languages, and different cultures to complete each task.  Sometimes she meets people who are supposed to help her and sometimes she doesn't, but she grows and also comes to terms with some things about her aunt that she has not wanted to face.  Unfortunately the last letter is lost to her, which I was really disappointed about until I saw that there is another book that will answer what questions are left.  Part of me felt like it was a cop out to write another book, but this one was long enough and she grew enough, so now I just need to add another book to my TBR list!


Details
•Pub. Date: October 2009
•Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
•Sold By: HARPERCOLLINS
•Format:  368pp
•ISBN-13: 9780061973802
•ISBN: 0061973807

1 comment:

  1. I have seen many good reviews for this book but had no idea there was another book. Whatever happened to a story resolving itself in one book? This does sound like a fun read though so I may have to add both books to my wish list. Glad you are enjoying your kindle.

    ReplyDelete